9.09.2012

hello friends, hello fall

Well, it's fall...

all summer I kept meaning to get get to the blog, to get to your blogs, but life just got in the way. I've missed you, friends.

Project Brownstone has wrapped up, except for a few key delinquent pieces, whose absence have prohibited me from taking proper photos. Now that the family has returned, it may not happen, but I'm happy to say they were delighted with their home... It was few months of crazy, and somewhere along the way, summer passed me by. It's time for a much-needed slow-down at work, with only a few clients on my mind at the moment.

I love this time of year, with crisp days requiring cozy sweaters and the return of crackling logs in the fireplace, apple cider and fresh bread warming up the kitchen. While I'm not too keen on the traditional muddy earth tones associated with fall, orange always has a special place in my heart, and I've just come across two very beautiful spaces that feel very au courant.

first, it was this room  um... can you say perfect? I literally gasped when I saw it. I love every single piece. For those of you who love interiors as much as I do, you know how rarely that happens.





then, this room caught my eye... a more relaxed take, but the vibe is very similar.





a little swagger, a bit of cool, a lot of cozy... and there it is again, perfection. That, lovelies, brings us to my first fall palette: 





Caught up, I went digging around to find more of the same...want to see them? (of course you do! We're all in this for the eye candy, aren't we?!)









What do you think? Are you feeling it?




picture sources 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a productive summer!

That photo of the women in the orange ball gown made me laugh, like I always bathed my kids in ball gown - LOL!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Welcome back! I love the colors and the first two rooms are perfection!

Apron Girl said...

Hi I just found your blog. I really love all of your inspiration. I have always been a fan of having hints of orange around the house. In my dream world I would have that enclosed porch complete with cozy fireplace. Love that room!

www.homesweetabode.blogspot.com

Linda @ DesignInMyView said...

I have a few hints of orange in my living room but not with the strength of exclusively greige, white & steel.

These inspirations knocked my socks off so powerfully, my skirt nearly blew-up! :-)

Cleaning out the piles in the garage first. Then I may get to limiting my color pallets - so great to see others succeed.

Cheers!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Welcome back Anne-Marie!! I'm glad you finally have some down time. Years ago I went to NYC to take in The Gates and this post totally reminded me of that. Central Park was draped in orange fabric for miles and miles. It was the coolest thing I've ever been part of.

Holly said...

Hi there Anne Marie! Nice to see you back and to hear that Project Brownstone is practically wrapped up!

The colour palette here is melting my heart. It's just what I'm into at the moment.

Fall is my favourite season and I am happily welcoming it with wide open arms :)

Tracey said...

No. I do like orange in clothes, bags and things and maybe in really small quanities but these made me want to zoom to the bottom. The Jenna Lyons? Pic is gorgeous though.

Anonymous said...

who is the del mar street scene painting by? sooo love it

Unknown said...

This is such great inspiration! I have been debating about how to furnish. I'm working on, and I think this is the right technique for it. Thanks for the info!
Leather repairs Manchester

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...